Monday, April 23, 2012

Thank you Elizabeth for taking the time to let us know how we're doing! Keep up the good work team!

Yelp_logo_redtagline-01
Paragon Honda - (4) Star Review on Yelp

  • I visited 5  Honda dealerships, Paragon being the first, while shopping for the 2012 FIT Sport with Navi.  ALL Honda dealerships were pushing the civics, the accords, etc.  I was very direct in what I was looking for and that I was NOT ready to buy/lease the same day.   ALL dealerships were just looking to make a sale-that's obvious.   So I just felt them out .  I did not play them against each other except when in one dealership the quote was RIDICULOUSLY HIGH.  After visiting these dealerships and cutting through all THE BS, all the pompous behaviors, inappropriate personal questions, the patronizing attitudes and condescending behavior if I questioned them, the competitive immature 'little boy' behavior amongst dealerships (some sales 'boys' from different locations knew each other and it became a competition, not to accommodate my needs, but to take the sale from the other dealerships).  So after all this non-sense, I came right back to Danny Gomez at Paragon Honda.  

    Why Danny? he was the ONLY salesperson that did not pressure me and took time to inquire about my needs.  Once he got through his salespitch and i expressed my interest, he stopped pushing the other cars and got to business.   He answered all my questions and whatever he didn't know, he'd find out.  I could tell, Danny was a new salesperson.  And that put me at ease.  He has not yet been 'tainted' by the business.  He was not overly persuasive/articulate trying to 'talk' me into buying something I did not want/need.  Since I had done my homework, I knew a lot about the FIT.   When he didn't know something about it, he was opened to being informed by me, the customer, without becoming insulted, copping an attitude or air of superiority.  Immediately, I liked his energy and style.  I didnt need anyone 'selling' me the car.  I knew what I wanted.  I needed someone to 'assist' me through the process of attaining the car.  And this is exactly what Danny did.  When I told him I was shopping around, he encouraged me to do so and gave me his info to contact him when I was ready.  He never trashed the other dealerships  as the others did.   And so that's why I came back and ordered the FIT through him.

    When the car arrived, Danny introduced Jason Graciaono-his manager . He was very pleasant and accomodating.  The process was lengthy; I had to sit through Finance, installation of accessories, insurance, registration, etc. The coffee machine was nice and i had several cups then i went to eat elsewhere while i waited.

    The finance person was William Liang and he took the time to explain everything to me.  Him and his wife own a couple of cars, the FIT being one of them.  One question i ask salespeople/ staff is  'what car do you drive?' To me this is very telling information.  If I go to a Honda dealership and they're driving luxury cars (like many were) not the product they represent, it's just a turn-off to me.

    Evelin Sanchez, the Delivery Coordinator gave me a run-down on the car, navigation system, voice commands, etc.  She was very helpful and sweet and made the final destination of my Honda Fit the perfect closing to such a long wait.

    The one negative: When I picked up the car (before installation) there were food crumbs inside the car.  It was a small amount, but I was appalled that someone had been eating in the car. No one should eat in a product they are selling, esp one that is reserved for a customer.  I made a comment, but did not make a big deal b/c in the grand scheme of life, these things are unimportant.  However, to the company it SHOULD be important.

    Final thoughts:  Initially i felt it was a waste of my time going to all these dealerships, talking to salepeople and waiting 3 months for a car (a Honda nonetheless- it's not like it was a luxury car).   But in the end, I felt informed,  empowered, and 100% certain i made the right choice. And proud that i did not let myself be influenced by the sellers.  

    Now about the FIT. I LOVE IT.  It's a small but SPACIOUS, quick, agile, fast,little car. I'm not gonna get into the details b/c there's a lot of helpful reviews via Consumer reports, YOUTUBE, Edmunds, etc.

    So why the FIT?  On my spare time, I'm an urban farmer/gardner in Brooklyn and I grow my own vegetables/herbs. YES I wish it was a hybrid (they do make it although not for the US). I test drove the Prius and was just disappointed.   I'm usually lugging stuff from Home Depot.  I pick up soil, wood, trees, plants around the city and stuff through Craigslist, etc.   I also work in a preschool always carrying loads of toys/activities in my car.  The Fit is a functional, understated, unassuming, non-luxury, fast, compact car that packs a punch. It  'FITS' ALL my needs. Now, knowing all of this about me (which they wouldve known had they asked) Why would anyone even remotely think i'd consider a Civic or an Accord? Salespeople need to take more time/interest in their customer's needs/desires, than in trying to make a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment